Most of our Surrey and Delta patients find that local anesthetic is sufficient to prevent pain during dental procedures. However, in some circumstances our dentists may recommend additional sedation to help patient's get the treatment they require.
At Surdel Dental Centre, our goal is to provide our patients with a relaxed and comfortable dental experience, whatever the reason for their visit.
Typically our patients find that local anesthetic is sufficient to prevent pain for common dental procedures. However, some of our patients benefit from the additional help of dental sedation.
Dental sedation can help anxious or nervous patients to feel more relaxed and calm about their treatment.
Every patient's general anesthesia and sedation requirements are unique. Our Surrey and Delta dentists determine each patient's need for sedation on a case-by-case basis.
Your dentist may recommend dental sedation in the following cases:
- Patients who find that local anesthetic is not effective in pain control;
- Patients with allergies to local aesthetic;
- Patients who require long, complex, or particularly invasive dental procedures;
- Patients with high anxiety or fear;
- Patients with low pain tolerance;
- Patients with special needs due to mental or physical disabilities;
- Patients with special healthcare requirements;
- Patients who are medically compromised;
- Patients suffering from dental phobias;
- Patients with exaggerated gag reflexes;
- Patients who have difficulties staying still during dental treatment;
- Patients who have difficulty holding their mouth open for sustained periods of time.
Don't let dental anxiety prevent you from getting the treatment you need. Our team of dental professionals can help you to get through your next dental procedure in a comfortable and relaxed manner.